How can I find my local Superior Court?

The county you live in determines your Court. To find your court, use our Court Locator map or simply choose your Superior Court from the list. You can also search for your court by name using the search feature.

Where can I find information regarding self-legal help?

There are many resources for pro-se litigants on the web. The Council of Superior Court Judges recommends the use of a certified public defender in all matters of the law. For information and help finding a qualified attorney, visit the Georgia Bar: Find A Lawyer site (http://www.gabar.org/public_information/need_an_attorney/).

What is the difference between State, Magistrate, Probate & Superior Courts?

Superior Court is responsible for handling cases involving serious crimes (felonies), civil disputes, real estate matters and family and domestic relations issues.
State Court handles civil law actions not otherwise within the jurisdiction of Superior Court, dispossessions, misdemeanors, and certain traffic offenses.
Magistrate Court (Civil Division) hears cases involving civil claims of $15,000 or less.
Probate Court has exclusive jurisdiction in probate of wills, administration of estates, appointment of guardians, involuntary hospitalizations, issuance of pistol licenses and marriage licenses.

Where can I purchase a copy of the Georgia Pattern Jury Instructions?

Suggested Pattern Jury Instructions are sold as a subscription by the Council of Superior Court Judges. Click HERE to learn more or purchase a subscription.

Who do I contact for information on inmates or parole?

For inmate information:

The Georgia Department of Corrections
Inmate Info & Records: 404-656-4661
Office of Public Affairs: 404-656-9772
Purchasing: 404-656-5999

For parole information:

The State Board of Pardons and Paroles
2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, SE
Suite 430, Balcony Level, West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-4909
Telephone: (404) 657-9350